Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"Occupy Heart" Movement- First!


There has been a lot of protests and political rallies and movements across this country that we have seen demonstrated by masses of people in attending Tea Parties or camping out in the "Occupy Wall Street" movement that has seen several US city squares filled with people calling themselves the "99%".

Victim Relief Ministries maintained a low key mission presence on request of the Dallas Police and worked in support of the Dallas Crisis Intervention Department.
We walked the tent areas in the "Occupy Dallas" and talked to people. Many shared a passion on several ideas, many expressed frustration and anger over "the system", many want to affect change for the people, fight for social injustice and many other reasons articulated good, bad or vague- but they wanted to "Occupy the Streets to make a statement".

I thought about all I experienced personally and all that I read about the "Occupy Movement" and all that I watched or heard on the media, and I reflected on in it in Spiritual ways.

I want to call attention to the founding parable of Victim Relief, and the statement Christ said in regards to the Great Commandment- "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind- and you shall love your neighbor as yourself."

As a follower of Christ I think the best place for me to fight for change is to surrender my heart to God, let God and His Spirit and His Love "Occupy" my heart.

In doing so I will follow the commandments of the parable, and as I have seen demonstrated by VRM volunteers and other Christians- I will love my neighbor, I will feed my neighbor, I will protect and serve my neigbor I will do the things that God wants me to do in reflecting His love.

Lets start by letting "God Occupy" us first and then "Occupy" our homes and families and then our schools and churches and work and then we will "Occupy" main street and then our neighborhoods, cities our capital and then the world! Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment